Carlo de Benedetti gives annual Thomson Reuters Foundation lecture
Chairman of CIR talks on media freedom in Italy in a live discussion from the Reuters Centre for Excellence in Journalism, Oxford
This is the live blog of the annual Reuters Memorial Lecture, which this year is being given by Carlo de Benedetti, ownerof CIR, publisher of la Repubblica and l`Espresso newspapers. Your anchors will be Reuters UK and Ireland bureau chief Jon Bramley and Italian-born Cecilia Valente, a correspondent based in London. The lecture starts at 5:30.
KRAMATORSK/SLAVIANSK, Ukraine - Separatists flew the Russian flag on armored vehicles taken from the Ukrainian army on Wednesday, humiliating a Kiev government operation to recapture eastern towns controlled by pro-Moscow partisans.
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in South Korean ferry disaster |
- Syrian opposition accuses Assad's forces of new poison gas attack
- Obama looks to salvage Asia 'pivot' as allies fret about China
- Iranian negotiators reject hardline criticism of nuclear talks
- Jordanian warplanes destroy vehicles trying to cross from Syria: spokesman
- UK says Iraqi murder allegations against its troops a conspiracy
- 22 reported killed in clashes over Central African Republic town