Bradley Manning Trial
I felt we were risking so much for people who seemed to be unwilling to cooperate with us leading to frustration and hostility on both sides. I began to get depressed about he situation we were mired in year after year. We were obsessed with capturing and killing human targets on lists and ignoring goals and missions. I believed if the public, particularly the American public, could see this it could spark a debate on the military and our foreign policy in general as it applied to Iraq and Afghanistan. It might cause society to reconsider the need to engage in counter terrorism while ignoring the human situation of the people we engaged with every day.- Bradley Manning
KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's air force chief has denied saying military radar tracked a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner over the Strait of Malacca, adding to the mystery surrounding the fate of flight MH370, which vanished on Saturday with 239 people aboard. | Video
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade: U.N.
- Once-genteel Caracas plaza is ground zero for protests
- Japan's Abe seeks trilateral summit with Korea, U.S.
- Runner-up in El Salvador presidential election wants vote to be annulled
- China steps up hunt for corrupt officials overseas: state media