Boston Marathon Explosion
NY police stepping up security after Boston Marathon explosion
WASHINGTON, April 15 (Reuters) - The New York Police Department has stepped up security around landmarks in Manhattan, including near prominent hotels, in response to at least one explosion near the finish line of the Boston marathon on Monday, said Paul Browne, deputy commissioner of the NYPD.
Browne told Reuters that New York police were re-deploying counter-terrorism vehicles around the city.
(Reporting by Mark Hosenball; Editing by James Dalgleish)
MARIUPOL, Ukraine/MOSCOW - Separatists attacked a Ukrainian national guard base overnight and Kiev said three of them were killed, the worst bloodshed yet in a 10-day pro-Russian uprising, accompanied by tough words from Vladimir Putin that overshadowed crisis talks. | Video
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- Exclusive: Syria submits more 'detailed' list of chemical weapons
- Iran cuts sensitive nuclear stockpile, key plant delayed: IAEA
- Jordanian jihadis returning from Syria war rattle U.S.-aligned kingdom
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor
- Turkish ruling party wants Erdogan presidential bid: officials
- India passes halfway mark in election with Hindu nationalists gaining strength