Boston Marathon Explosion
NY police stepping up security after Boston Marathon explosion
WASHINGTON, April 15 (Reuters) - The New York Police Department has stepped up security around landmarks in Manhattan, including near prominent hotels, in response to at least one explosion near the finish line of the Boston marathon on Monday, said Paul Browne, deputy commissioner of the NYPD.
Browne told Reuters that New York police were re-deploying counter-terrorism vehicles around the city.
(Reporting by Mark Hosenball; Editing by James Dalgleish)
KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia's military believes a jetliner missing for almost four days turned and flew hundreds of kilometers to the west after it last made contact with civilian air traffic control off the country's east coast, a senior officer told Reuters on Tuesday. | Video
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Exclusive: India to slash Iran oil imports to meet nuclear deal parameters - sources
- Thailand to lift state of emergency as business suffers
- Al Qaeda hijacks spirit of Syria revolt three years on
- Militant Islamist website calls for attacks on France and Hollande: SITE
- Ugandans petition court over controversial anti-homosexuality law
- Israel says regrets killing of Jordanian judge