Boston Marathon Explosion
NY police stepping up security after Boston Marathon explosion
WASHINGTON, April 15 (Reuters) - The New York Police Department has stepped up security around landmarks in Manhattan, including near prominent hotels, in response to at least one explosion near the finish line of the Boston marathon on Monday, said Paul Browne, deputy commissioner of the NYPD.
Browne told Reuters that New York police were re-deploying counter-terrorism vehicles around the city.
(Reporting by Mark Hosenball; Editing by James Dalgleish)
BANGKOK - Anti-government protesters in Thailand pinned their hopes on winning support from the powerful security forces on Thursday as they push to oust Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and install an unelected administration.
- Ukraine protesters defy police, leaders reject talks with president |
- Blood donation collectors thrown out of Israeli parliament
- Egyptian forces arrest Qataris at Al Jazeera office in Cairo: report
- Rwandan Hutu fighters in Congo surrendering in large numbers: U.N.
- Italian PM Letta wins confidence votes, vows reforms |
- Honeymoon over for gay couples after Australia overturns same-sex marriage law
- France's Greens start fight against new surveillance powers