KIEV - Ukrainian protesters stood their ground on Wednesday after an overnight sweep by riot police and their leaders dismissed an offer of talks from a president they say must quit for favoring ties with Russia over the European Union.
- Thai crisis deepens as PM's supporters weigh in
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Russia seeks trade talks with Washington: Russian official
- Italy PM Letta wins confidence vote in Senate |
- France's Greens start fight against new surveillance powers
- U.S., Britain suspend aid to north Syria after Islamists seize weapons store |
- White House: deadline for Afghan security pact could slip into January