In response to an advertisement released on the Internet by the Obama for America campaign, Sesame Workshop released the following statement today:
"Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down."
SANAA - On January 23, science teacher Ali Nasser al-Qawli had finished supervising school exams in the Yemeni village of Khawlan and was enjoying an afternoon with friends when he encountered the strangers.
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Crowd breaks through barrier on Mandela's last day of lying in state
- Four killed in Bangladesh clashes after Islamist leader executed |
- U.N. confirms chemical arms were used repeatedly in Syria |
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted
- African Union approves big increase in Central African Republic force
- Greenpeace says Russia won't let activists go home