In response to an advertisement released on the Internet by the Obama for America campaign, Sesame Workshop released the following statement today:
"Sesame Workshop is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization and we do not endorse candidates or participate in political campaigns. We have approved no campaign ads, and as is our general practice, have requested that the ad be taken down."
TOKYO - U.S. President Barack Obama used a state visit to Japan on Thursday to try to reassure Asian allies of his commitment to ramping up U.S. engagement in the region, despite Chinese complaints that his real aim is to contain Beijing's rise.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Ukraine revolt shows faces, but whose are the brains?
- China bans petitioners appealing directly to higher authorities
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Japan's Abe: Continue to gain understanding of his Yasukuni visit
- Pakistan fighter jets target militant hideouts near Afghan border